Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Weekend to Reconnect

Tom and I were both home for the first time in a long time. We had a lot of chores to complete like cleaning, organizing, clothes away, grocery shopping, studying, and we got to have a nice dinner out.

Saturday night we bought a Groupon for FIN Sushi in Chesterfield, MO http://www.finstl.com/, then we came home and watched Waiting for Superman. If you are at all interested in education I would highly recommend renting this movie. I think it was a little harsh on teachers without any real solutions to bad teachers, other than getting rid of unions.

Today Tom was super helpful while I freaked out about preparing for the Middle School Praxis test I have to take to transition to Arkansas. I've taken the Middle School and High School Social Studies Praxis tests for Missouri and did well, but I'm terrified about taking the Arkansas Middle School test because it has math, science, and literature arts sections. These are three things I don't feel like I have a lot of experience and confidence with. While I was taking the test Tom made some chili for me to eat for the rest of this week and finish cleaning. After I took the test we had some of the delicious chili, then took Yankee to the park. We took a 1.5 mile walk, it was beautiful out today! We checked out some cars and then came home and relaxed with some magazines on the porch. Then Tom had to go back to Chicago, which is always the worst part of the week. Hopefully, it will all be over soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment