Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Falling off the Band-Wagon

Well this weekend was a minor slip up time regarding healthy food choices, but today was a total nose dive into made food decisions. I also did not work out for the past 4 days! Saturday and Sunday we walked around Seoul a lot so I give myself a break for those day, but today and yesterday are no excuse other than laziness (and the fact that the gym is only open from 7-9 in the morning and I slept in and was on Skype through those hours).

Today there were wicked storms in Seoul, down pouring, wind, lots and lots of wetness. Because of this we did not want to hike down the hill of horror to find some food so we were stuck inside all day trying to stay occupied. I watched some TV, all we can get for American channels are CBS and MTV and Comedy Central. I watched some news and some Laguna Beach. I never watched that when it was on TV, not saying I like it that much now but I was desperate for some entertainment.

I started with my typical PB&J and banana (not so bad), then I had noodles (ramen type) and an apple, then I had some more noodles (spaghetti type) and about 10 Hershey nuggets. After some more doing nothing other than sitting n my butt watching trashy TV the rain started to let up and we went down the hill of horror to find some dinner. We found Mr. Pizza and Paris Baguette. We did get to have some salad at Mr. Pizza.
Everyone shares food here-- like all food, a pizza, the same bowl of salad, a glass of soda with 2 straws. It takes a little getting used to but it fits well with their culture. I can see the relation to that and their history and religious beliefs. Its interesting to see these things in action--even if it is at a pizza place. Then we headed to Paris Baguette and had a brownie and some milk (I accidentally bought banana milk).

Here are some food pictures from this weekend:
Yummy Seafood Salad
Hameul pajeon-Seafood Pancake and Kimchi Pancake
Veggie and Rice Bowl

Noodles and Seafood Broth
Ice Cream
Italian Style Seafood Alfredo Pasta

0 comments:

Post a Comment