Sunday, May 16, 2010

2+ Years of Trying

So I know it is ridiculous to blog about weight-- to complain all of the time about size. But I hope this is a place where I can be accountable to myself about what I eat and why.

I've been trying--struggling--and fighting with myself for over 2 years to lose about 40 pounds. I have had success. I have lost weight. I have worked hard.

During the past year or so I have fallen off the wagon--to say the least. I have about 8 pounds to lose until I reach my inflated goal weight. It was 140 originally but then I bumped it up to 145 in the hopes that I would one day be able to get to my Weight Watchers goal and feel proud of myself for that. Unfortunately, that has yet to happen and I am still fighting those last few pounds.

I work out frequently and try to eat well. I just use food to deal with a lot of things. Stress, happiness, anxiety, and joy.

Its so strange that something that can make me so happy can also cause me so much pain. I am hoping that this is a chance to write about my journey towards better health. I will share my tips and tricks I find along the way to my goal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment