Sunday, May 30, 2010

Vacation

Let me begin by saying that I love vacation. Actually I LIVE for vacation. Before I'm done with one I'm already mentally planning the next one or two. This time was Aruba with Tom's Parents and Brother.

We had a great time sea, sand, surf, snorkeling & EATING. I ate way way too much bad food and drank way way too many bad drinks with way way to little exercising in between.
This week I will have to buckle down and eat right and exercise a lot! The morning before we left for vacation I went to Weight Watchers and weighed in and I was at my lowest weight since beginning the program only about 5 pounds away from goal. So I need to make sure by the next time I weight in I haven't gained too much. I have accepted there will probably be some residual vacation weight that might take more than a week to take off--but a girl can hope!
Anyway, the beach was well worth the weight gain! Tom and I love to snorkel and this trip was a great opportunity to that. We went to 4 snorkel places and saw a ton of pretty fish, a sunken ship, and a natural pool. The natural pool was my favorite because it was like being inside of a coral reef.

Now I am wishing I knew some places to hit the water in St. Louis, lakes rivers, anything. Going to the beach only makes me want more water in my life. I miss the beach and lakes so much from the East Coast. I'm hoping that I can spend the rest of the summer enjoying some Missouri lakes and rivers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment