Saturday, June 5, 2010

New Sneakers and St. Louis Bread Co. (Panera)

So today I officially weigh 150. For many people that # might seem sky high but from where I started it is a HUGE improvement! I wanted to celebrate so I set up lunch with a friend from UMSL and then went sneaker shopping. I still have some weight to lose before I am in my healthy weight range about 6 pounds to be exact and I wanted to celebrate. So I went to a tasty lunch where I will admit I indulged a bit, I had 1/2 a portabello panini sandwich with a side of homemade chips. I did not eat my whole sandwich nor all of the chips--not to bad if I do say so myself. Then I headed to Famous Footwear with coupon in hand to find a new pair of sneakers to inspire me to exercise my way to my goal weight.
I was initially drawn to these sneakers because they looked fun and summery and the inside has a fun dot/circle pattern. Since I am normally and pink or blue kind of girl I tried on a few different pairs before I decided to go through with it and get these inspiring shoes. They make me feel like I have a fire on my feet, hopefully they will spark a lot of hard workouts!

On another note--Panera, locally known as St. Louis Bread Co. has deceptively unhealthy options on their menu. It is frustrating when you go into a restaurant willing to make 1 or 2 small bad choices then find out you made a HUGE mistake with your eating. I got the small salad and black bean soup with a side apple (a typical meal for me there) but then I decided to splurge for lemonade and got some petite cookies to share with a friend and the 3 little girls she was babysitting for. I had 3 of the small cookies and ate the rest of my meal thinking I did pretty well today considering I usually celebrate things with an entire sheet cake. When I came home and entered in everything I ate into the Panera nutrition calculator it turns out I ate 19 points!! I only get 22 in a day! So I've already used 13 of my weekly allowance points. I really wanted to splurge tomorrow night when Tom comes home from a bachelor party. I'll only get to see him for a few hours because he will probably get here around 4 from Arkansas then he has to wake up at 5 and drive back to Iowa Monday morning. I guess I will have to put those new sneakers to the test tomorrow morning!

0 comments:

Post a Comment