Friday, June 25, 2010

Romantic Dinner

This blog post is about a week late. I have been pretty lazy about blogging and uploading pictures. So Tom bought us some fancy china so I thought I would plan us a romantic evening--a Healthy romantic evening. I was inspired by another blog I read and I bought a tablecloth, new napkins, and candles. I even brought out the good crystal! I went through some weight watchers recipes and decided to have homemade pesto and whole wheat pasta with salad and shrimp cocktail. For dessert I made chocolate dipped strawberries. Everything turned out pretty good but my timing was not quite right so the pesto and pasta got a little cold while I was finishing the preparation for everything else. Overall it was a success and Tom loved it!

Last weekend we also made homemade pizza--well the crust we bought as raw dough and the sauce was made--but other than that we made it ALL! It was delicious! We used a log of marinated mozzarella and cut it into slices--it was delicious! We also put on fresh basil, spinach, and tomatoes on Tom's half. It was another culinary success over the weekend. It was so rich and tasty that we had no desire to over-indulge. We actually had leftovers which is pretty much unheard of from our previous fat lives. Another healthy success!!

1 comments:

Mandy Babb said...

These pics are BEAUTIFUL! Can you come make me a romantic dinner sometime? =)

Post a Comment